Things Every Insured Patient Should Know
- The name of the person in your company who is in charge of employee benefits
- Name of Insurance Carrier & Phone Number
Information patients will be asked to give when calling their insurance company:
- Name of subscriber
- Employee's date of birth
- SIN number
- Policy number
- Division number
- Certificate number
Questions Patients Should Ask About Their Insurance
- What is the annual maximum allowed per patient?
- What is the anniversary date of the policy?
Example: January 1st
- Is there an annual deductible?
If yes, how much is it?
- Dental benefits are paid on which year's Ontario Dental Association fee
Example 1996 or 1999
- How many units of scaling and/or root planing are covered per year?
Which codes are allowed for these services?
- How many Recall appointments are allowed annually?
Example every 3 months, 6 months 9 months?
- What percentage of coverage is allowed for the following:
- Diagnostic services
- Preventive services
- Restorative services
- Endodontic services
- Periodontal services
- Major treatment
Example - crowns, bridges, dentures
- Treatment Planning/Consultations
- What is the annual maximum for major treatment?
- Is Endodontic and/or Periodontal treatment classified as basic or major treatment?